CloudView NMS Features
- Hierarchical maps system: complete end-to-end network view and inventory (Google Maps are supported).
- Possibility to define "logical views" for group of devices in addition to "geographical" views. New!
- 24 x 7 performance and availability monitoring at multiple levels: network/map/submap/device/interface/port.
- Scalable to virtually unlimited number of network nodes (CloudView NMS server still can be simple desktop PC).
- Auto-discovery (via several standard protocols).
- "Top 10" feature allows to report most used or most faulty ports/interfaces in large networks.
- Historical reports (up to 3 months) of real ports/interfaces rates/utilization. Other historical data displayed in graphs.
- Graphical links representation and link status background monitoring.
- Capability to manage / monitor any vendor SNMP or TCP/IP compliant devices.
- IT Automation engine, e.g.: some predefined CLI command/script can be executed periodically on the monitored server and,
depending of the output pattern, some action (e-mail/SMS/sound, running shell script…) can be performed.
- Capability to compile any vendor private SNMP MIBs and create corresponding custom devices types. GUI Capability to build
custom MIB monitoring applications and assign it to 3rd party devices. SNMP MIB Browser included.
- Capability to create unlimited number of SNMP probes even without compiling your MIBs (using "raw" SNMP OIDs). New!
- Client-server multi-user system with multiple user profiles. Optional capability to use MS Windows Authentication and profiles.
- Rich and friendly GUI available to simultaneous users both locally (at the server) and via remote secure HTML-5 web-based
console. All modern browsers including mobile devices (Android, iPad/iPhone, Windows) phone are supported. See
CloudView NMS Android phone/tablet Web App and iPhone/iPad Client Web App ). Optional multi-platform
(Windows/Linux/Mac) full-blown GUI client is also available,
- Security: encryption, password system, remote access protocols correspond to FIPS and requirements of US Department of
- All SNMP versions supported (SNMPv1, SNMPv2, and SNMPv3 /including AES128 privacy protocol support/)
- CoudView NMS server is supported on all modern OS platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Solaris and Raspberry Pi.
- Embedded Telnet/Telnet over SSL/SSH/TL-1 configuration and monitoring for non-SNMP compliant devices
- "Proxy SSH" function turns CloudView NMS Server in a kind of "SSH-enabled terminal server". It creates secure channel for
service providers to access their customer's SSH-devices over public Internet without VPN or port forwarding. New!
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 supported.
- TFTP client and server included; sysLog client and server included
- MTConnect support per standard (http://www.mtconnect.org), for factory/shop floor devices monitoring. New!
- Environmental Monitoring Application (temperature, humidity...) based on Geist ITWatchDogs "WATCHDOG 15" sensors
or/and Raspberry Pi with connected DS18B20 thermometer. For example, when a server room temperature is too high, the
system can automatically SSH-login in every server to "poweroff" it. Thousands of sensors/servers can be supported. New!
- GUI support for many standard SNMP MIBs: MIB-2, RMON-MIB, BRIDGE-MIB, HOST-MIB, Routing MIBs....This allows to
manage multi-vendor, heterogeneous networks to monitor per-ports traffic, CPUs load with thresholds alerts, software
inventory report, etc.... We checked devices from multiple vendors, including Cisco, Extreme, MikroTik, Alcatel...
- Included special support for Cisco SNMP agents and MS Windows SNMP agents.
- Email/SMS alerts of events/alarms and/or SNMP Traps with customized filters.
- Alarms/Events history is kept in standard SQL Database (PosgreSQL Server is installed with CloudView). Allows viewing /
reporting alarms per submap/device/port/interface for last hour, day, week, month,...etc
- Capability to send all the CloudView NMS events to Windows Event Log. Capability to monitor Windows Event Log on remote
computers either via SNMP or via CloudView NMS Agent. New!
- Capability to forward all the alarms to other NMS/OSS as SNMP Traps, TL-1 asynchronous messages, sysLog messages.
- Current Alarms Log (vs. History Alarms Log) shows only current problems. Sophisticated alarms correlation algorithm is used.
- Alarms Clear and Alarms Acknowledgement features allow to keep record of which user/operator was dealing with any particular
- Backup/restore functions of all the maps/devices/alarms/settings
- Automatic periodical scan of predefined IP ranges for devices to appear/disappear. This feature can alert network administrators
about newly hooked up devices. New!
- Powerful event monitoring with configurable alarm actions, scripts and sounds notification. IT Automation features.
- Capability to auto-discover and monitor performance of mission-critical Layer-7 network services, such as e-mail, FTP, HTTP,
- TL1 Northbound interface, TL1 gateway and TL1-SNMP translation software for any SNMP capable device, TL1 proxy.
- XML Northbound interface, XML-SNMP translation software for any SNMP capable device, XML proxy.
- SNMP Northbound interface, CloudView comes with its own SNMP Agent and supported private MIB.
- Carriers / Service Providers features: Service Monitoring, SLA calculation reports, Customers self monitoring portals..
- Device/NMS Actions scheduler feature allows to schedule important device/network maintenance operations.
- Distributed management model: one CloudView server (Master) can monitor another CloudView server (Slave) and access all
its info. Service Provider (MSP) can drop pre-configured "headless" (no keyboard/monitor) Slave box (Linux/Windows) in
customer's network and securely (over SSL) monitor all remote locations (see here) from "Central Office" unified console.
Cloud service, like (VoIP) can be monitored along the path from customers remote location (see here). No need to reconfigure
customer's router. The "on-premises" Slave-box can be as small and cheap as Raspberry Pi Linux box ($35.00).
See here. New!
- Capability to run CloudView server as Windows service or Linux/Unix boot daemon.
- Special app for monitoring web sites performance and response time. Also websites can be monitored for changes.
- Optional CloudView Agent can be installed on managed devices/computers even when they are hidden behind a firewall or NAT
IP Addresses (Private IP Addresses) mechanism. It provides convenient way to get/put files from/to managed computers. When
running on Windows or Linux, it allows to monitor CPU, RAM, Bandwidth and File Systems usage. User can set thresholds on
the above resources usage and receive corresponding events in the Events Log and as e-mails.
- CloudView Agent for Android phones/tablets allows companies to implement BYOD ("Bring Your Own Device") system and
MDM (Mobile Devices Management) within CloudView NMS. It also allows monitoring thousands of Android-based sales PDAs
for battery power left, WiFi level, storage left, geolocation, ... etc.
- CloudView Android Agent provides support for Android phones/tablets "paired" with "SensorTag TI" (Texas Instruments
SimpleLink Bluetooth® Smart SensorTag Bluetooth Low Energy) and PebbleBee Bluetooth Low Energy devices. Additionally
there is support for iBeacon devices (up/down/"show distance" )
- Support for Dataprobe COE-8O Contact Closure unit to provide dry contacts set in response to events/alarms. Support for
Tait Communications "TB9100" device
CloudView NMS Features